Best Online Casino In Australia – 2021
ALDC is the #1 trusted guide to Aussie online casinos for local players. Our team tests every gambling site & bonus from the review below.
It is no secret that people love gambling. Ever since casinos were first opened, people kept pouring their time, desires, and money into them. With the invention of the internet, this became much more available to everyone. An online casino lets people gamble at real money casino sites and win without having to set foot into the actual, physical casino.
AU$500 + 50 Free Spins
A$300 + 100 Free Spins
$100 + 150 Free spins
$2000 + 50 Free Spins
$200 + 20 Free Spins
$200 + 30 Free Spins
$300 + 20 Free Spins
$900 + 150 Free Spins
$1000 + 20 Free Spins
Best Australian Online Casinos Overview
- Fair Go
- Fair Go is one of the most consistent gambling site available in Australia today. The site, which was launched in 2017, boasts an impressive collection of games included slots, table games and an excellent selection of video poker games. Their website’s theme is based around Australia and they offer a very generous welcome bonus.
- Playamo is another one of the big names in Australia and for good reason. It is perfect on both desktop and mobile and has a wide array of games supplied by some of the biggest developers in the industry such as Microgaming, NetEnt and BetSoft. They also have a diverse collection of table games, including blackjack, roulette and video poker, making this a great all-round option.
- Kahuna is one of the most popular gambling sites in Australia. It has a fun, Hawaii based theme and boasts an impressive selection of games brought to you by some of the best developers in the world such as Microgaming, Play N Go, and NetEnt. They also have a brilliant live section, which helps set them aside from the competition.
- 21 Dukes
- 21 Dukes is a stylish site that has been around now for well over a decade. It has firmly established itself as one of the best Australian online casino thanks to its slick design, huge collection of games and regular bonus offers for new and returning customers.
- 7Spins is one of the coolest sites available in Australia today. It has a huge collection of online slots, both new and old, to satisfy their customer’s playing needs. On top of that, the site also has a great range of live dealer games and is perfectly adapted to fit all mobile devices.
- There are plenty of reasons why you should visit BetChain. BetChain has some of the best and latest online slots and games available in Australia. The site works with the biggest developers in the industry and regularly features an array of exciting and interesting offers for its customers.
- Red Dog
- Red Dog has a cool animal-based theme that helps it stand out from the rest of the online casinos in Australia. The site has a slick interface that is easy to navigate and it is one that works perfectly on mobiles. The site has plenty of substance to match its style though and offers a diverse range of different slot, table and speciality games for customers to play.
- As Australian Casinos go, there are few that feel as authentically Australian as Emu. The site has a strong Australian theme that instantly helps it stand out from the crowd. It has a nice, easy to use interface that makes it perfect for both new and experienced gamblers. They also have regular, weekly offers that make them one of the best Australian casinos.
- BondiBet is an excellent gambling site available in Australia. It has a simple user interface that makes it perfect for first-time players and it boasts an excellent selection of slots and table games, brought to you by some of the most established developers in the industry. They also boast one of the best live-dealer sections of any of the online casinos in Australia.
The Best Online Casinos in Australia, Selected By Our Team!
|Casino||Available in AU?||Our Review|
|Fair Go 🏆||Yes||Check Here|
|Play Amo||Yes||Check Here|
|Raging Bull||Yes||Check Here|
|Pokie Spins||Yes||Check Here|
|21 Dukes||Yes||Check Here|
|7 Spins||Yes||Check Here|
|Pokie Pop||Yes||Check Here|
|Planet 7OZ||Yes||Check Here|
|Aussie Play||Yes||Check Here|
|Red Dog||Yes||Check Here|
|Slots Empire||Yes||Check Here|
|Bondi Bet||Yes||Check Here|
|Joka Room||Yes||Check Here|
Table of Contents:
- How Our Site (ALDC) Rates Top Australian Online Casinos
- Which Software Providers are the Most Popular at Aussie Casinos?
- The Most Popular Banking Methods
- Key Advantages of Australian Online Casino Sites
- Disadvantages of Online Casinos in Australia
- The Most Popular Aussie Casino Games
- Aussie Gambling Key Facts
- How Popular is Gambling in Australia?
- Which Land-based Casinos are the Most Popular?
- Is Online Gambling Legal in Australia?
- Pros & Cons Of Online Casinos
How Our Site (ALDC) Rates Top Australian Online Casinos
Finding the best AUS online casino isn’t easy – there’s simply too many of them. This is why we have a really strict and detailed process of creating our reviews. Here is how we rate casinos and pick the top Australian online casino for you.
- ALDC compares deposits
- The first step we take when we rate top sites is checking their deposit options. Since the Australian gambling market is so popular and competitive at this market, there are plenty of great options for you to try their games with a little investment. Our goal is to find a place with great bonus offers, as well as realistic deposit requirements.
- ALDC compares bonus offers
- Casinos offer all kinds of benefits. You’ll hardly find a gambling website today that has no bonuses. Some have more bonuses than others. Bonuses can differ in size, but also requirements, not to mention numbers. We’ll check what each website offers and let you know in our reviews.
- ALDC compares wagering requirements
- When casinos offer benefits such as low deposits or bonuses, these don’t really come without any restrictions. They have wagering requirements, which is understandable. We’ll check those and tell you which one is most realistic about their deposits and bonuses.
- ALDC compares games list
- Next, our editors will check the games list offered. We’ll compare the game choices and check the gaming quality, both of which are crucial for the experience of the user. As a casino user, you want to find a site that offers good games and a versatility that lets you pick.
- ALDC compares online feedback about Australian online casino
- The internet has allowed casinos to sell their services online, but it also allows the users to share their experiences with others. This is a great thing, which allows us to check how well the gambling sites perform in terms of customer experience. What others say about specific sites is really important, and we’ll share our findings with you.
Which Software Providers are the Most Popular at Aussie Casinos?
Aussie’s love their online pokies. As such, they tend to flock to online casino operators that offer titles from the top casino software providers. This means that many online casinos where Australian residents play feature games from some of the top providers including:
- and Aristocrat.
There are, of course, many other companies that develop games and software for players, and more seem to be entering the industry every day. Some of these companies also create table games and live casino versions of these games, which are also popular.
The Most Popular Banking Methods
Like much of the rest of the world, Australians like to have a choice when it comes to banking methods for their online casino. Because online casinos that offer games to Aussies are technically banned, though, some traditional modes of payment may not be available. Payments via debit or credit card, as well as bank transfers, may not be available.
That’s why e-Wallets such as Neteller, PayPal, Instadebit, EcoCard and Entropay are so popular in Australia. Many Australians are starting to use cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin to fund their casino accounts when possible.
✅ Key Advantages of Australian Online Casino Sites
People love gambling sites. The advantage is obvious. Being able to play from anywhere and at any time is attractive.
If you pick the best Aussie online casino, you’ll get a shot at jackpots and many bonuses, not to mention big winnings that you can withdraw and use as you please. Online casinos tend to have many rewards to entice people to play on the casino’s online platform.
Wide arrange of possible deposits
They also allow really small deposits, at least some of the sites, allowing everyone to try their luck on Aussie online pokies.
List of online casino games
Another great advantage is the possible choice of games and pokies. Most of the Aussie casinos provide you with 500+ game titles!
Possible deposit/withdrawal methods
Banking methods are critical to players. Online casinos usually provide you with a wide choice of payment systems. Most widespread are:
- Debit cards,
- Bank transfers,
- Paysafe (Paysafecard),
❌ Disadvantages of Online Casinos in Australia
Not being able to play at an actual casino is a disadvantage to those who enjoy the experience. Playing on the screen isn’t the same since you don’t have a real face-to-face interaction. Even so, most casinos have introduced live gaming options, which is the closest you can get with the help of technology.
Tricky wagering requirements
Also, while online casinos have amazing bonuses and offers that you’ll hardly find in the actual physical casino, these usually come with a set of wagering requirements you have to meet before you enjoy the benefits. In some casinos, the terms are quite unreal and hard to match. That is why our goal is to help you find an online casino in Australia that offers attractive and realistic bonuses and low deposit options.
🎰 The Most Popular Aussie Casino Games
Australians are interested in playing a wide variety of casino games online, including blackjack, roulette, baccarat, online pokies, poker and keno.
Blackjack is traditionally the most popular game in casinos, no matter what country you’re in. The goal is for the player to do one of two things — beat the dealer’s hand by getting as close to 21 as possible or having the dealer draw over 21.
Roulette is extremely popular because it’s very easy to understand. Players simply need to place bets on one of 36 numbers, or categories of numbers such as odd, even, 1-18 or 19-36. A dealer spins a wheel that has each of these numbers on it, and a ball that will eventually land in one of these spots.
Baccarat is an Asian card game that is very popular among table game players. Cards are dealt to a Player and a Dealer. Certain rules determine when each hand is dealt another card, and when each hand must stay. The goal is to get as close to a value of 9 as possible.
In Australia, slot games are referred to as Aussie Pokies. It’s not surprising, then, that best aussie online pokies are perhaps the most popular type of online casino game in the country. There are so many different varieties available, from classic 3-reel fruit pokies to 5-reel progressive jackpot pokies.
Poker is played in a variety of ways at an online casino. The most common is at a table of up to 9 players who are all playing the card game against each other. The casino is just acting as the host and dealer for the game, but players compete against each other. There are also video poker games, as well as table games based on poker concepts.
Keno is a lottery-like game that is also similar in some ways to Roulette. You choose a certain number of boxes that have numbers listed. Balls are picked out like a lottery for each game, and your goal is to match as many of those numbers as possible.
🧾 Aussie Gambling Key Facts
Gambling has a very long history in Australia. The first gambling event that was ever recorded in the country happened way back in 1810. That first event was horse racing at Sydney’s Hyde Park.
The country took a major step forward in innovation when in 1880, the first lottery game was created. Modern forms of gambling in Australia, though, didn’t first start to take shape until the 1950s, when slot machines first were introduced in pubs and other clubs throughout the country.
The first legal land-based casino opened in Australia in February 1973. After people campaigned for several years to gain a casino license, Tasmania welcomed the Wrest Point Hotel Casino. That casino paved the way for more development and progress in the gambling arena.
Today, there are more than 12 land-based casinos spread all across Australia. Each state and territory in the country is empowered to pass its form of legislation when it comes to gambling activities, both offline and online. What this has resulted in is different gambling activities being popular in different parts of the country, depending on what’s offered.
Gambling has a long history in Australia, and it has a positive future, too.
📈 How Popular is Gambling in Australia?
Gambling is extremely popular in Australia. More than 80% of adults in the country engage in some form of gambling. This is the highest rate of gambling activity out of any country in the world. Further, 4% of the adult population in Australia plays pokies at least once every week.
In terms of money, gambling is a significant source of revenue for casinos and the country as a whole. For the years of 2015 and 2016, for example, gambling revenue accounted for 7.7% of all taxation revenue for states and territories. When taking into account other revenue sources, gambling revenue still made up a massive 2.5% total of all state revenue.
🏆 Which Land-based Casinos are the Most Popular?
Australia has several extremely popular land-based casinos located around the country. Perhaps the most popular of them all is The Star Sydney Casino, which is located in Pyrmont, Sydney. It is one of the more luxurious land-based casinos in the country, and it also provides the greatest variety and offering of table games and slot machines.
The Mindil Beach Casino Resort in Darwin City is another very popular land-based casino. It was once known as the Sky City Darwin but was re-branded to reflect all the offerings it provides. In essence, it is a full-on resort near the beach that provides relaxing options such as drinks by the pool and also great gambling inside the casino.
Lasseters Hotel Casino is another well-rounded property. In addition to a great casino with plenty of gambling options, they also have a top-notch hotel, four restaurants, four bars, a theater to watch sports, a night club and health club/day spa.
The Star Gold Coast, once referred to as Jupiters Hotel and Casino, is located in Broadbeach Island on the Gold Coast. The location is like a tropical paradise outside, with excellent gambling options inside on the casino floor.
🔎 Is Online Gambling Legal in Australia?
In 2001, the Australian Commonwealth Parliament passed the Interactive Gambling Act that formally banned online casinos from offering their services to people living in Australia. Companies can’t offer gambling in real money forms to Australian residents. They also can’t advertise real-money games to them. Companies that are based in Australian can offer their services to residents outside the country.
But, it isn’t illegal for residents to access offshore online gambling sites. Because of this, online gambling is very popular among Australian players. Australian residents can’t be penalized, so they participate in online gambling anyway.
For 2008 and 2009 combined, gaming revenue totaled more than $19 billion for all of Australia. That meant the share of household consumption for those years was 3.1%. That gambling activity isn’t divided equally among all areas of the country, though. The rate of gambling revenue is highest, for example, in the Northern Territory, and the lowest in Western Australia.
New South Wales, which is where Sydney is located, was home to almost 100,000 pokies as of 2014. Only Nevada in the United States had more at that time, with close to 200,000.
Pros & Cons Of Online Casinos
Wider choice of games
Exposure to malware if downloading apps
Play at your convenience
Potential exposure to scams and identity theft
Potential to play on-the-go
Withdrawal times can vary
Internet casinos are available 24/7
Potential to gamble irresponsibly
Generous bonuses and promos
Suitable for both low & high rollers
Huge progressive jackpot pokies collection
200% up to A$200
100% Up To $200 + 100 Free Spins
FAQ Concerning The Best Australian Online Casinos
- It is safe to play at Aussie online casino for real money?
- If you’re gambling at a reputable casino, this is really safe. The best in Australia use the safest payment systems, the one that banks use. Moreover, they offer the option to use an e-wallet for payments and withdrawals, which only enhances your safety.
- What currencies are accepted?
- In most Australian sites, the accepted currency is Australian dollar. Some might offer different currencies, but these are quite rate.
- What payments methods are accepted?
- Ideally, you should be looking for a site that offers the three most important payment methods: cards, bank wire, and e-wallets. Also, you should be mindful of their deposit and withdrawal options, since these can vary significantly, making it longer for you to get your money in your bank account.
- What organizations handle gambling addiction in the country?
- One of the main organizations dedicated to gambling addiction in Australia is Turning Point, which runs the website Gambling Help Online. Health Direct, a branch of the government, also provides education. Support is also offered through Lifeline, Reach Out, This Way Up, and Relationships Australia.
- Are there any taxes on gambling in Australia?
- From a tax perspective, gambling in Australia is great for players. The country views gambling winnings as luck, not as income. Therefore, they are not taxed. Instead, Australia gains tax revenue by taxing the operators of land-based casinos instead. How much each operator is taxed depends on a variety of factors, including player loss, net profit and turnover. Taxation rates also vary from location to location.
- Are there any other gambling activities that are popular in Australia?
- Australians are very interested in other forms of gambling. This includes typical lottery-type games, horse racing and sports betting. All forms of gambling are legal in Australia, and bettors take advantage by participating often.
Review updated on 02/08/2021