Crypto Casinos in Australia
Updated on: 15.02.2024
Written by Milana Dyson
A crypto casino online is an Internet gambling platform where users can handle their finance in one or more cryptocurrencies. This would mean uploading coins to play with them and then cashing out winnings in crypto, too. A crypto casino in Australia follows the same banking principle and also welcomes Aussies.
New research focused on the acceptance of digital currencies in Australia shows that 4.6 million Australians own coins. Bitcoin is listed as the most popular cryptocurrency among Australians. By crypto adoption rate, Australia ranks third in the world.
All these stats reveal the need for clear guidance regarding cryptocurrency gambling.
As always, we’ve taken the initiative to keep our readers informed. That’s why you can find the best crypto casino operators that welcome players from Australia. We also explain how crypto casino sites work and cover the upcoming trends.
If you’re one of those curious crypto casino online enthusiasts, we promise you this is a page you want to read from top to bottom.
Crypto Online Casinos
How Crypto Online Casinos Became Popular Among Aussies
In recent years, crypto online casinos have experienced an incredible surge in popularity in the Land Down Under. This ascent of crypto casinos can be attributed to technological, societal, and economic trends.
About 17.7% of Aussies reported owning any type of crypto. Many of them use these coins to gamble online.
As for how the concept grew so fast, here are some factors that drove its rise:
- Internationally used and accepted – First and foremost, cryptocurrencies gained acceptance as legitimate forms of value exchange in various industries. As a result, their integration into online casinos became a natural process.
- Hassle-free – Conventional payment options at online casinos often involve complex processes like verifications and delays. On the other hand, cryptocurrency transactions are hassle-free and can be executed without intermediaries charging fees.
- Privacy and anonymity – Besides the convenience, we noted that the best online casinos accepting crypto take good care of your privacy and anonymity. Both are significant concerns in this digital age. Your crypto transaction doesn’t require sharing personal information like your name or address. Blockchain technology vouches for the pseudonymity and security of these transactions. Of course, most Aussies would like to keep their gambling activities discreet from others, including the government.
- Attraction to innovative technologies – Last, we have the allure of innovative technology as a factor that contributes to crypto gambling’s popularity in Australia. The new generations of players are attracted to modern technology. This mix of gambling with state-of-the-art technology brings excitement and thrill even before they start playing their favourite games.
Revealing The Best Crypto Casinos For Australians
We know that everything we shared about Aussie casinos that accept cryptocurrency has gotten your attention. If you feel ready to explore them more closely, we can help even further.
Below, we’ve listed the top crypto Australian online casinos to try renowned Aviator by Spribe or the Spaceman game. Our reviews will help you understand the specifics of each brand and pick the best choice for your needs.
Wild Fortune is a top-rated crypto casino for Aussies. It rewards newbies with a bonus of up to AU$2,000 (0.12 BTC) and 175 free spins. The welcome package is split over the first three (100%, 75%, and 50%) deposits and is activated with a minimum of AU$30.
- Accepts various cryptocurrencies
- Lightning-fast crypto transactions
- User-friendly interface
- Somewhat unclear bonus terms
You can deposit and withdraw at WildFortune using Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dogecoin, USDT, Ethereum, Ripple, Binance, Cardano, and Tron. All deposits and withdrawals are instant and fee-free. Minimum and maximum limits depend on the selected banking method.
BitReels is a reputable cryptocurrency casino that accepts Australian players with a renowned Jet X game. When you first register at the casino as a crypto player, it will reward you with a bonus of up to 3.5 BTC and 350 free spins. Bonuses are awarded on the first four deposits and require promo codes.
- Accepts popular cryptos
- Exclusive promotions for crypto players
- Instant transactions
- Limited support for less-known cryptocurrencies
Bitreels allows you to use Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and USDT for deposits and withdrawals. All transactions are processed immediately and without additional fees for crypto users.
mBit is a well-known online casino welcoming Australian crypto players. A 300% bonus of up to 4 BTC is available for newly registered members. Additionally, you will get 300 free spins on the first three deposits, which can be used on 2,000+ slots.
- Generous crypto welcome bonus
- Fast and easy payments
- Crypto guide available for newbies
- Few games for crypto wagering
Currently, mBit accepts BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, DOG, USDT, and XRP. Payments in and out of the casino are instantaneous and with 0% fees, aside from the standard network fees.
21Bit is a respectable gambling brand that caters to all cryptocurrency fans. It offers two different welcome bonuses. Namely, regular players can get a 5-bonus welcome package of up to 0.03 BTC and 250 free spins. High rollers are in for a bonus of up to 0.11 BTC and 250 free spins.
- Two crypto welcome packages
- Extensive crypto promos
- Long list of supported coins and networks
- Somewhat restrictive T&C for crypto users
At 21Bit, you can pay with Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Ripple, Tether, Cardano, Tron, and Binance Coin. Deposits and withdrawals are instant, free, and completely secure.
7Bit is a popular online casino for cryptocurrency lovers. Grab four welcome bonuses of up to 5 BTC and 100 free spins. Four bonuses are available, each activated with a minimum deposit of 0.001 BTC and an appropriate bonus code.
- Four-fold crypto bonus for newbies
- Higher crypto transaction limits
- Excellent guides for rookies
- Crypto-specific limitations
- Small crypto games selection
Making payments in and out of 7Bit Casino is possible with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Binance, and Bitcoin Cash. All payments are fee-free, except for Bitcoin deposits, where you must pay an extra 0.00002 BTC per transaction.
iLucki is a famous online casino website allowing easy cryptocurrency payments. Casino members are eligible for 20 no-deposit free spins upon registration and a two-step welcome package of 3 BTC + 150 free spins afterwards. This is if they choose the BTC version using the currency menu.
- Crypto payments via CoinsPaid
- Most popular coins are an option
- Very high max cashout limit
- Limited crypto-related customer support
- AUD and crypto site versions may be confusing
The list of accepted cryptos at iLucki includes BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, DOG, USDT, BNB, ADA, and XRP. Payments are instant and with 0% fees. Bitcoin deposits start at BTC 0.0001, and the maximum withdrawal limit is impressive BTC 10.0000.
Fairgo is a highly ranked crypto casino website for AU players. Bitcoin depositors at the casino can grab a welcome bonus of 100% up to AU$200 with a minimum deposit of AU$20. This deal is claimable five times!
- Accepts well-known cryptos
- Awesome welcome bonus
- Diverse game portfolio
- Only three cryptos supported
- Only BTC works for withdrawing
- Low transaction limits
FairGo Casino accepts Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin deposits. For withdrawals, you can only use Bitcoin at the moment. The minimum deposit requirement is AU$25. Bitcoin withdrawals are processed within 48 hours; the withdrawal minimum is AU$100.
The Hows And Whys Of Crypto Casino Sites In Australia
If you’ve been looking for online casino websites in Australia in the last few years, chances are that you’ve encountered some crypto casino sites. Simply put, these sites accept cryptocurrencies allowing registered players to deposit funds into their accounts and withdraw their earnings in crypto.
Some websites work only with cryptocurrencies. Others accept them in addition to fiat currencies and traditional payment methods like bank transfers and credit/deposit cards.
Regardless of their approach, many crypto-friendly sites in Australia offer special bonuses to crypto players. They also have thousands of games and a small selection of Provably Fair in-house games.
Generous promos and exclusive crypto games aren’t the only advantages of playing at such gambling sites.
- For instance, players can also expect anonymity which makes sense because the transactions are not kept on the site. In fact, they are not recorded in any place where the authorities can get access.
- In addition, experts agree that users of crypto casinos can expect a safer environment. Cryptocurrencies operate on blockchain technology known for its robust security features. Also, they usually use cryptocurrency wallets to store the funds, which require private keys for access.
- Furthermore, crypto casinos usually take no more than an hour to process payment requests like this. That’s significantly faster than bank transfers and most conventional payment methods used on gambling sites.
- Finally, don’t forget that cryptocurrency transactions are recorded on public blockchains, representing visible distributed ledgers. In this way, the risk of manipulation is minimised.
Most Popular Cryptos Among Aussies
Bitcoin is the most popular type of crypto accepted in online casinos in Australia.
This makes sense because Bitcoin is also the first (introduced in 2009) and most used currency of this type. The good thing is that many casino websites have started accepting other coins. Commonly seen options include Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Cardano, Ripple, and TRON.
These figures are aligned with the popularity of individual coins among Aussies. For instance, 65.2% of Australian crypto holders own Bitcoin, while respective 42.1%, 26.4%, and 23% hold Ethereum, Cardano, and Dogecoin.
What The Future Hides – Crypto Casino Trends And Forecasts
It’s not easy to predict the future of crypto casinos. As we have all witnessed in the last decade, this industry is changing pretty fast. Still, a few things are expected to happen in the years to come based on the current trends.
For starters, we can expect enhanced security measures. We have already seen how the security protocols at the most used crypto casinos are refined and updated, making them more resistant to cyber-attacks. That’s why this type of casino site has become a synonym for trust and safety.
Next, there’s a chance for decentralised finance (DeFi) to be included in crypto casino sites. It would allow players not only to stake and earn but also to borrow against their casino sites. Also, we have already seen the emergence of NFTs in crypto casinos.
Casinos and blockchain technology are already working together to satisfy the needs of modern players. However, this fusion should reach a new level in the coming years. Transparent odds, provably fair games, and player-driven casinos based on smart contracts will impact the fairness and transparency in this sector.
Discussing the future of crypto casinos without mentioning virtual reality would be a mistake. VR casinos have been tested for a couple of years now. Still, the true revolution may occur soon, with players with VR headsets getting a new, more immersive gambling experience.
Evolving Regulatory Landscape
The Australian government is well aware of the presence of crypto casinos. It’s likely already developing new regulatory frameworks to govern its operations. That’s why we expect the main challenge to be finding a balance between innovation and player protection.
Australia is becoming more liberal regarding gambling laws. We believe that we can see more favourable regulations that will lead to the expansion of crypto casinos in the future.
The country already has some legal and local betting sites. With the rise of online casinos, we hope to see this sector opening and expanding, too.
Australia’s regulator has been signing collaboration agreements with other jurisdictions, such as the Curacao authority. Such a move would enable Aussies to get better protection when they play at international crypto casino sites.
Final Words And Summary
Crypto casinos are here to stay; that’s one thing we can say for sure.
Considering their flexible policies, high security practices, and dedication to player privacy, it’s evident why players favour them. Australians have also joined the bandwagon and embraced the concept of gambling with their coins.
And why shouldn’t they? No other method beats the convenience and discretion of cryptocurrencies. Most transfers are instant, free, and transparent. Plus, players don’t sacrifice anything in terms of gaming choices or bonus opportunities.
We strongly believe that the future of crypto casinos is bright.
If you want to get a taste of their top-class action, we invite you to try some of our recommended sites. All of them have generous welcome bonuses. So, even if you don’t like the platform, you’ll surely enjoy some high-action gameplay with your boosted bankroll.
- What Is A Crypto Casino?
A crypto casino is an online gambling website that accepts depositing and playing in cryptocurrency. The pure crypto casinos let you upload and play in BTC, ETH, LTC, or other supported coins. There are also hybrid cryptocurrency casinos where you deposit and withdraw coins but play with AUD.
- How Do Crypto Casinos In Australia Differ From Traditional Online Casinos?
Some of these operators have exclusive and Provably Fair cryptocurrency casino games. They also support various cryptocurrencies and support VPN play. Other than that, they are similar to traditional gambling sites in terms of game offers, support, and bonuses.
- What Cryptocurrencies Are Commonly Accepted In Australian Crypto Casinos?
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple are commonly accepted coins. Binance Coin, Solana, Tron, Bitcoin Cash, and Dogecoin are other frequently supported options.
- Are Crypto Transactions In These Casinos Secure And Anonymous?
Yes, all cryptocurrency transactions are safe and anonymous. However, your wallet provider or the Australian online casino can have a verification process. In this case, the payment itself will be anonymous, but the two services will know who’s sending it.
- What Are The Advantages Of Playing At A Crypto Casino In Australia?
Casinos that work with BTC, ETH, XRP, and other coins are generally more private and welcoming of international users like Australians. They are also often more generous and unique. Some have exclusive features that ensure an engaging and rewarding iGaming experience.
- Are There Any Risks Associated With Using Crypto Casinos?
Yes, there’s always a risk when handling cryptocurrency. These decentralised currencies have highly volatile values that can quickly decrease overnight. Another potential risk is making a mistake when depositing or withdrawing. Crypto transfers can’t be reversed, so you can't take them back if you send them to the wrong address.
- How Can I Ensure The Fairness Of Games At Crypto Casinos?
Crypto casinos usually have two types of games. The first is pure crypto Provably Fair games. In this case, you can confirm each outcome. The other option is traditional Random Number Generator casino games. In this case, independent auditors test and verify the platform’s fairness.
- Are There Any Regulatory Bodies Overseeing Crypto Casinos In Australia?
No online casinos, crypto or fiat, are based in Australia. That said, the iGaming authorities in Curacao and Malta will most typically oversee Aussie-friendly cryptocurrency gambling sites.
- How Do I Deposit And Withdraw Funds At A Crypto Casino?
You will need a cryptocurrency wallet to transfer crypto coins from and to it. Each casino will provide you with its wallet address for deposits, and you give yours for withdrawals.
- Can I Still Receive Bonuses And Promotions At Crypto Casinos?
Yes, you can. We’ve listed plenty of top-rated crypto casinos that offer generous welcome bonuses, cashback, reload bonuses, and more player perks.
- Are There Any Transaction Fees Involved In Using Cryptocurrencies At These Casinos?
Casino transaction fees vary by provider. Most crypto casinos for Australians don’t have any, but some network charges often apply. If you convert cryptocurrency, this also comes with exchange fees.