List Of Megaways Slots In Australia
A Closer Look at Megaways Slots. What Are Megaways Slots?
Megaways slots are casino pokies that feature tens of thousands of potential paylines on each spin. A Megaways machine features reels that include symbols of different heights. You could find anything from two to seven markers on a reel during each spin.
Megaways slots are among the most exciting ones you’ll find at an online casino. Megaways slots have been growing in popularity since Big Time Gaming introduced them in 2016. Other companies like ReelPlay, Blueprint, and Pragmatic Play have jumped on the Megaways bandwagon and are also producing machines with this gameplay feature.
A Megaways machine uses a reel modifier that adjusts the number of symbols you’ll find on each reel. The symbols will change on each spin, creating different lines scattered throughout the machine.
You’ll find six reels on most Megaways machines. The total makes it to where you could find more than a hundred thousand lines on all six reels. You’ll have a great chance of winning something significant when you get all these lines working through each spin.
The design of such a game is a significant evolution in the slot machine industry. Normal machines have their lines in their set spots, but Megaways games use a different layout.
$300 + 20 Free Spins
A$150 + 100 Free Spins
$1250 + 155 Free Spins
$1000 + 100 Free Spins
$900 + 150 Free Spins
A$500 + 100 Free Spins
AU$500 + 50 Free Spins
A$300 + 100 Free Spins
A$1000 + 50 Free Spins
$100 + 150 Free spins
The Science of a Megaways Pokies
The first thing you’ll notice on a Megaways slot is that it has six reels. Most Megaways slots online come with six reels, but some have seven.
The reel modifier program within the machine will dictate the symbols that appear on each reel. These details include both the types of symbols and how high up they will appear. Sometimes a reel will feature seven symbols, but it could have as few as two. Each marker comes with a varying height.
The symbols will connect with others on the screen to produce extra lines. An average six-reel machine will feature up to 117,649 lines per spin. The high total provides players the opportunity to win more on each spin.
The winning symbols will appear from left to right and will qualify regardless of size. You must have the same symbol appear on each reel from left to right in a consecutive order to win, regardless of whether they are side-by-side.
Megaways machines may come with additional features like bonus rounds, multipliers, and other special points. But the distinct way the lines appear on the screen is the most prominent feature players will enjoy when they play with one of these machines.
How the Megaways Paylines Work
The paylines entail each symbol on one reel connecting with the symbols on each adjacent reel. The game pays out when you have the same symbol on more consecutive reels from left to right.
You can calculate the number of lines that appear on a screen by multiplying the number of symbols on each line with one another. For instance, you would make a spin where the first two reels both have six symbols, the third and sixth ones have seven symbols each, and the fourth and fifth reels have five symbols alike. You would use this data to get 6x6x7x5x5x7, which equals 44,100 possible lines.
A Megaways slot could have as many as 117,649 lines on a spin. But all six reels would require seven symbols for this to happen.
What Features Can You Find on Megaways Slots Online?
You’ll find many additional features on one of these machines. Some of the bonus features on these slots include:
- Cascading symbols that disappear following a win, revealing new symbols and possible new wins
- Multipliers for consecutive wins; many games come with unlimited multipliers that keep rising with each cascading win you earn
- Bonus games, including ones that offer free spins
- Jackpot wins
- Expanding wild symbols that cover an entire reel
The special features you’ll find when playing Megaways slots online will vary by machine. Check the rules on whatever game you’re playing to see what is open when you are playing.
Who Makes the Best Megaways Slots?
Big Time Gaming is the most prominent company that makes these slots. BTG introduced these games in 2016 when it released its Bonanza machine. The company continues to make Megaways machines with new themes, releasing new models for online casinos every year.
Various companies have been making Megaways slots since then. Among the top entities that make these machines include iSoftBet, Pragmatic Play, Red Tiger, Blueprint, Storm, WMS, and Inspired Gaming. These companies make games with various features and bonuses, but they all come with the same Megaways standard for play. The design continues to be a hit among players today.
The Best Megaways Slots To Explore Today
Aztec Gold Megaways
Aztec Gold from iSoftBit features six reels and a 95.99% RTP. The game is highly volatile, as it often features wild symbols on each reel. Players who collect five or more Sun Disc scatters will trigger the Gold Cash Respins feature, which pays out more when a player gets enough new scatter symbols over a few free spins.
Based on the hit game show, Millionaire from Big Time Gaming has a medium-high volatility and a 96.27% RTP. Three scatters will lead to the Hot Seat Free Spins Gamble feature. The player can choose from one of four options over a few rounds. The player could win from ten to fifty spins.
Curse of the Werewolf Megaways
Curse of the Werewolf is a game from Pragmatic Play that provides a high volatility level and a 96.5% RTP. A player who collects three or more bonus symbols on a spin will earn up to fifteen free spins. Players can also earn extra free spins during the Werewolf Strike round.
Gods of Olympus Megaways
The Gods of Olympus slot from Blueprint Gaming features six reels and a 96.03% RTP. It also includes a high volatility level. A player can get three or more scatter symbols to win up to twenty free spins. Players can also use one of four bonus options during the free spin round, including one offering a roaming wild symbol.
Rainbow Riches Megaways
Barcrest makes the Rainbow Riches slot with a 96% RTP and a medium-high volatility level. The four middle reels feature an additional row that will display extra symbols at random. The game also provides free spins with the option for a player to get either a multiplier on those spins or additional games without a multiplier.
Captain Rizk Megaways
This last game from Red Tiger Gaming features a 96.55% RTP and a high volatility setting. A player who gets three or more scatters will win eight free spins. The player can also gamble those spins on the Wheel of Rizk. That player could get up to twenty spins, but that total could drop to four spins.
- What is the RTP like on Megaways slots?
- The return to player or RTP value of these slots will vary by machine. Most games are around the 96% range, meaning that about 96% of the money that people spend will be paid back to them. Some games can go down to 94% or 95%, although that total will vary.
- How many wins can you earn when playing a slot?
- There are no limits over how many wins you could get when you play a Megaways slot. Most of these games come with cascading symbols that produce extra wins after old winning symbols disappear. You could get as many cascading wins as possible on a single spin, plus you’ll get a multiplier for your wins.
- Who owns the Megaways trademark?
- Big Time Gaming owns the Megaways trademark. The company holds that mark, as it is the first company to introduce this form of playing slots at online casinos. Other game developers can also use the same trademark, but they will not profit from the trademark like BTG would for its games.
- Can I play Megaways slots for free?
- You can play these slots for free through various online casinos. Many of them will offer free play on their games to showcase how they work. They will provide this feature to encourage people to deposit real money on their websites. Check whatever casinos have these machines to see what they offer through free play.